Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Still More Gardening

As much as I go on about it you'd think I actually liked doing it wouldn't you?

Nope--don't much care for it. I only do it because I like flowers. Which is why I plant perennials: if I'm going to all the trouble of throwing something in the dirt on purpose it had damned well better KEEP making pretty flowers. Fighting the winter and critters of The Hinterlands makes it a challenge.

So I was particularly pleased to discover my "Enterprise" hybrid iris came back after all:





I'm also happy the peonies are finally popping:
(That dangly one on the far right is going in a bud glass on my desk tomorrow morning.)



They're nice close-up too...




Finally I give you the difference one month can make.

May 3, 2007




June 11, 2007


4 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Plant Delights nursery in NC has the motto, "Friends don't let friends plant annuals." Words to live by.

June 12, 2007 12:35 AM  
Blogger SamD said...

Oooh I -really- like that!

Mmm...North Carolina would be GREAT gardening.

June 12, 2007 8:39 PM  
Blogger Old Knudsen said...

I like gardening I come to see the plants as my children. It pains me when someone cuts doon a 60 year-old tree on a whim.

June 13, 2007 3:19 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

Yeah me too. So you're REALLY gonna hate THIS:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19195624

June 13, 2007 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home