Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Time Is Fleeting

"madness...takes control/so listen closely..." Sorry, wrong reference.

I wanted to talk about the more somber version of passing time.

For example I'm awfully happy I took this picture because two hours later a storm rained these flowers entirely away.




On the other hand I'm not a bit happy the War (do I really need to add "Iraq" any more?) has taken so many young people and civilians. I was absolutely incensed last week when the US House totally wussied out and gave us that "we knew we'd just get vetoed" song-n-dance. Yeah right. I fucking changed parties from Independent (strongly leaning Libertarian) to Democrat specifically TO register my outrage over the war and can't imagine I'm the only one. I thought the whole reason we gave the Dems so many votes was so that we could maybe get the troops out sooner rather than later. Whatinthehell was that shit last week, huh?

I knew I'd so married the right guy when I came home to learn that HBF had electronically written letters of complaint to all our congresspeople...not just from him but from me as well. I'd been stomping around bitching to the television; he took action on my behalf. Praise him.



I'm also sad we mortals have lost Charles Nelson Reilly. I adored him as a child; thought he was funny and smart and nice all three. Wished he were an honorary uncle...and that I had more than one episode of Lidsville since everyone knows Vincent Price was right when he said villains were better. Requiscat in pace.

On the other hand if time didn't pass we wouldn't get new babies and I saw an awfully cute video of one today. If time didn't pass the Ducklings wouldn't get older either which would mean that they would stop amazing me with how well they're turning out.

Time keeps one humble as well: Saturday evening the Ducklings and I were enjoying the hammock (recently hung in the [long-since-retired] apple orchard.) By "enjoying" I mean that the two smaller ones were lying on either side of me while Eldest was swinging the hammock very hard. Loads of fun till a Grandmama-tied knot suddenly gave way on a downthrust and my right hip slammed into the ground with force. It was completely ha-ha funny at the time but now whenever I get up I'm stiff-n-sore a whole day and a half later which kind of sucks. As do the jokes about "you broke Mom's ass!"


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GWBush's last day in office is 1 year, 7 months, and 23 days from now. It feels like a long time, eh?

All politics is a dirty compromise. But, Obama and Clinton are still trying to put a time table in place, I believe.

Your peonies are (were?) beautiful!

Hope your ass feels better soon.

May 29, 2007 12:09 AM  
Blogger SamD said...

It does feel like a long time till DubYuh will be a thing of the past.

The peonies were beautiful for the whole day they were blooming--the Oriental bush always starts and ends well before the rest. Don't worry; the "traditional" bushes look like they're going to be spectacular this year. Unlike my ass... which is indeed getting better, thanks.

May 29, 2007 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home