Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Wise Words

You are known by your friends AND your enemies. Cherish them both.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Ahhhh...

Um. Huh? ;-)

Hey, I left a comment just now under your "Tolerance and Forgiveness" post. Made myself laugh, anyway (which is, unfortunately, often the case).

June 09, 2007 11:55 AM  
Blogger SamD said...

I liked your other comment a LOT and commented right back atcha.

As for this post, it's the saying of a family friend of ours...my take is that it's important to express what you stand FOR but it's also important to express what you stand AGAINST.

In my case the variant is often "well I must be living life right if someone like [nasty adjective] [scathing noun] hates me, don't you think?"

June 10, 2007 7:58 AM  
Blogger Old Knudsen said...

Friends/enemies they all try to kill me at some point, it makes me feel loved.

June 11, 2007 3:50 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

I know someone who says the same about family. Doesn't seem too healthy but damn that person is Nietzsche-strong.

June 12, 2007 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home