Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

MINE, Dammit!

Gentle Readers may not recall that the entire Fancy Mitten Project started when I wanted a pair. I know the Ducklings certainly don't.

I do.






After much thought and contemplation I found my mitten pattern. Astute historians will recognize an enlarged copy of a page from this book and also the oldest known knitted pattern: gold and maroon silk socks at some amazingly fine gauge.




My new mittens: See the Easter egg yarn? I'll use that with natural undyed.

The final pattern:


To reward myself for the rest of the weekend just past (visiting relative, big English project) I ordered new needles. Fourteen of them.



Oh and also? I give you the first of the Buu-Mitts in vivo:



The second isn't quite to the thumb-line yet.


(Yes that wretched photo was the best of a much larger lot...'s'what I get for attempting to show-but-not-show a child.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home