Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Speaking of the Peonies...

They've grown quite a bit since I staked them:


My new perennial bed isn't doing too badly either...at least not for its first spring:


The tulips are starting to fade--the early bloomers are waning and the late bloomers are coming into their own. The "Shirley" ones got a lot more purple over a week or two--see?

Before:

After:


The other tulips before:
Very astute observers will notice four Shirley tulips amongst the Rembrandts...yes I was obsessive-compulsive enough to move them while in full bloom. I figured even if they withered instantly they'd be in the right spot for the following year...but they bounced back anyhow.

And today (May 20):



Oh and here's also the bouquet Youngest Duckling picked for me alongside a couple garden casualties:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home