Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

New Camera!

Okay, technically it's just new to me...I got something that would fit on the docking/printer station I already have.

Now you can see progress in the perennial garden:




This is the warmest and most sheltered bulb bed so it blooms first:



This one always takes an extra week and is just coming in nicely:



One of my three tulip beds--these are the birthday bulbs from my dear friend V. I also planted lily of the valley but I haven't seen any of it break through the mulch yet. (Damn those dandelions are persistent buggers, aren't they?!?)



And just for fun since it's knitting, the very first picture from my new-to-me camera:

You probably can't tell (I sure can't) that it's the Madeira scarf...have one half done and two out of eight repeats on the second half.

The House of Chaos hosted back-to-back sleepovers last weekend; that was an experience. Maybe someday I'll blog about it. Not soon since I'm discovering that being the boss is fun but time-consuming.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pick the dandelion leaves and put them in salad. At least then they are good for something (and you avoid nasty chemicals).

glad you are enjoying being the boss

May 03, 2007 8:00 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

Too bitter for my taste...the leaf thing, not the boss thing that is.

May 05, 2007 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home