Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Flower Intermission

I lied. Sue me.

Don't worry; I'll get to the scarf eventually. (See the teaser?)



Tulips are hard to grow up here. I've been fighting critters and elements ever since we moved seven years ago. Maybe they turned out well this year because I used rubber mulch. It reeked of tires for the first week so I thought a "foreign" scent would scare nibblers. Seems to have worked reasonably well.

Also ... the Hybridils:


I always add one extra week for "hybrid" and another for "too close to road salt" but they really are hard to kill:


I wish I had more of this one:



Hey! Wanna know what I learned tonight?


Tulips are smart flowers: they close up near sundown. I can't believe it took me three decades to notice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Scarf! Scarf! Scarf! Scarf! Scarf!

May 12, 2007 2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous daffodils and tulips!

Cynical Knitting Gal
cynicalgal.blogspot.com

May 19, 2007 10:28 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

Well thank you! I'm particularly proud of the tulips since they're hard to grow up here---the critters eat them and the cold freezes them.

Welcome!

May 20, 2007 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home