Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Who Are These People?

This is a somewhat better view of that statue I mentioned a few days ago.




The bottom is felted and solid--if there are engravings I can't feel them through the felt. It feels like plaster or possibly ceramic.

Obviously I dug out the Big Green Box, made it home to a plowed driveway and cleared enough snow to be functional. At age forty it's nice to know I still have it in me.

I'm also well aware that many had to bunk down in far less accomodating digs than I had and hereby cease all bitching about the blizzard. I'm amazed at how matter-of-factly we all just dug tunnels and went about our affairs of daily living. Snow stopped at midnight and by noon today things were more or less routine again.

Oooh-aaah photos to follow--only a few, promise.

Maybe another statue picture with better lighting too; just did "Preview" and it sucks. Mea culpa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home