Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Others

Lest you think I'm a completely self-centered only child of an only child (which I am) I present you with some recent knitting for others.

This first item was a birthday gift for my BFH this year. She and I often bemoan the fact that once the children become independenly mobile one loses all property rights...so I made her a Place To Keep Her Stuff:


The green bottom part is the very last bit of some lovely wool my Sister handspun for me and the top part is one strand of some fairly coarse unknown-origin stash wool and one strand of Berroco "Cotton Twist." The lining used to be Eldest Duckling's favorite pair of jeans till she outgrew them AND blew out the knees.


The flowers are all from one of Nicky Epstein's books and the good lighting was happy providence.



These are my BIL's "Pagliacci" slippers which didn't show up in a previous post.


They're from the early pages of the 2007 Knitting Pattern a Day calendar and are made from Lion "Jiffy" or "Thick and Quick" or whatever the stuff is called these days. You know, that ropey acrylic found in dimestores everywhere.

He's abandoned all other footwear in favor of those slippers. I'm wondering how long the soles will last.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my happy "MINE!" bag is famous on the internet! I LOVE that thing!!!!!

February 12, 2007 9:57 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

Well it's "famous" to the six people who actually read this thing anyhow, but of COURSE I was gonna blog it---after sufficient time for the shiny-new to wear off.

February 13, 2007 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home