Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Headband for Eldest

Knit out of CottonEase using one of the patterns in this book.
I'm particularly fond of the I-cord edging which is done by slipping the first three stitches of every row. Hadn't ever done that before and found it elegantly simple.

4 Comments:

Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I love the headband. I could use one. It's -25F here in Eastern Montana. Ack!

February 01, 2007 8:54 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

Yikes! That's WAY past "so cold the snow is squeaky" which is about as bad as we ever get. Stay inside fershur (which is probably going to be easy since the car won't start.)

Thanks for your kind words--I was pleased not just with the headband but (for a change) the photo too.

February 02, 2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger Dharma said...

Nice work. Am always looking for headband idea for TGF. How do you like that book?

February 05, 2007 3:20 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

I think it's a great book even if they do Absolutely Specify what yarn to use...obviously I ignored that bit. There's a second headband pattern in there I want to try, plus two hats and a baby kimono---five patterns from one book is pretty good for me so I'm happy.

February 05, 2007 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home