Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Me Me Me

It's a slow day at the office so I thought I'd share some random personal information in the style of "six strange things" or "one hundred things about me" or similar blog posts.



I can't stand hot beverages. Soup either--have to wait for it to be more or less lukewarm before it's at all enjoyable to me.

My first movie-star crush object was Gene Wilder. Not in this movie but this one. I'm still pretty fond of the guy. (My second was Robin Williams and my third was Harold Ramis. I also hid for years the fact that I secretly liked David Lee Roth.)

I can't belch.

I sang in a church choir for ten years.

I take children's chewable vitamins. Not just because the kids wouldn't but also because they don't give me indigestion like the adult ones do as soon as the coating dissolves.

If money had played no part in the decision I would have become an artist.

I consider it a very high compliment that dogs and babies universally like me.

I much prefer being driven over doing the driving.

I have a lot of protein issues: can't stand most fish, any organ meat, oysters, mussels, uncured pork products, chicken with the skin or bones still on, fatty meats or strong cheeses. All that started well before pathology...but the career choice definitely accentuated the tendency. Youngest Duckling is the same way but even more so. Go figure.

I can speak German (but not nearly as well as I could twenty years ago.)

I find tattoos a fascinating art form but have yet to see even one episode of Miami Ink. No I don't have any of my own.

I can't stand opera although I like Gilbert and Sullivan just fine. The first opera I attended was La Boheme (in English) and I survived the first half by flirting outrageously with the handsome blond to my right. At intermission the girlfriend on my left informed me he was not only gay but in a committed relationship so I had to actually watch the second half. Thought I was going to die.

I genuinely like shoveling snow.

I was born with an odd small dimple in the right side of my neck. Had to grow up and go to medical school to discover it was a branchial cleft sinus.

I've never been to a foreign country. Yes I plan to change that fact.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

I genuinely dislike shovelling snow.

Please say the David Lee Roth thing ain't so!

February 09, 2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

See now that's exactly why I kept it hidden all these years. Of course he's tacky, has (had?) a drinking problem and isn't particularly attractive, but he's got that _voice_. And that raunchy obnoxious charisma.

February 09, 2007 8:11 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I love Gene Wilder and Robin Williams too. Not a big fan of DL Roth, but his voice is kinda sexy.

February 09, 2007 9:22 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

Hey another one! And here I've been thinking it was just me and Gilda (and Karen Boyer) all these years.

February 10, 2007 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home