Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Photographic Friday

Not only has Eldest Duckling learned how to crochet in the round but she also takes a good photograph:





It snowed again...and drifted, which made this morning's sidewalk cleanoff more challenging. That's what I get for saying in writing that I liked shoveling snow, right? Well at least our apple orchard is pretty:




But my favorite new thing is the whale my autistic brother-in-law made for me at his day program:




Here's another much lousier photograph since I'm just so tickled by it:


Must be living life right, y'know?


Happy weekending---practice tolerance, y'all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Knudsen said...

Straight off the boat to France as a young man Le Harve I think the port was, it was dark and I needed somewhere to pitch my tent so on a hill side away from the road as the French police can be right bastards I slept on lumpy ground. I couldn't tell what it was until the morning and I found not crochet but many many apples.

February 23, 2007 2:42 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

As long as they weren't 1) road apples or 2) rotten.

February 23, 2007 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home