Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Good Sentiment


Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

What, you didn't think The Little Atheist could appreciate prayer? Why not? It's a great message for living with the other humans on the planet whether there's a creator deity or not. I must admit I'm not as crazy about the second verse because of the "Master" and the eternal life bit at the end, but it's still a good idea too:
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

St. Francis of Assisi - 13th century
Wish the Executive Branch of my government felt more like that. Whole lotta other people too, now that I think on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home