Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Idle Musings on a Tuesday

The media are doing a good job of keeping our minds off Iraq: every discussion I overheard in public this past weekend was either about Britney's bald head or the father of Anna's bald baby. Why either one of those is "news" is beyond me.



Yesterday afternoon I had some unexpected free time so I dug out the gold car depicted in the photographs. Also made a nostalgic seafood (okay, fake seafood) pasta that HBF and I used to enjoy pre-children...and remembered why I never make it any more when all the Ducklings picked their way around the sauce.



Am I the only one who's noticed that oil and natural gas have had a lot of accidents recently? The media aren't giving it much coverage but the fourth paragraph of this article, the eighth paragraph of this article and these two articles do make one wonder. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but I've begun to wonder if vandalism might be involved.




I've also begun to wonder just why it is that we suddenly have a "readiness" initiative in our country so pervasive that even my first grader came home with a list of things that we're supposed to have/keep on hand in case of flu pandemic or other disaster.

Don't get me wrong; I think it's great advice and do in fact keep extra water, fuel and provisions so we could survive off-grid and out-of-touch for the requisite week or two with only our wind-up radio and shake-up flashlight for tech...I just ponder "why now?"



I think it's great they made a Play-Doh cologne but I sure don't want to hang out with anyone who thinks it's arousing.



Good ol' Jersey. I'm glad two of my children were born there.




When I was a kid I thought all adults just automatically had a good work ethic. You may laugh freely.




I'm still trying to figure out how freaking Salmonella of all bugs got into the peanut butter in the first place. Peanut butter is heated during processing so all the options are rather nasty to consider. Never did like ConAgra though.



Practice tolerance y'all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home