Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

From/For Ray:

38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey. Uhhhh… 5 who WOULD or who I would like to see do it? I haven’t a clue, and I don’t like asking other people to do stuff like this. I think the only person who actually WOULD do this (Lord know she’s done enough of this sort of thing) would be the younger of my sisters, but she doesn’t read here. (Funny, but out of all my sibs and kids and grands, there’s only two that I know of who read here at all, and I don’t imagine either of those two would do this)



1. Name one person who made you laugh last night? My husband.

2. What were you doing at 0800? Yesterday? Sitting in a re-education meeting for my blood bank technicians.

3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Getting dressed.

4. What happened to you in 2006? Oh gosh, that was a strange waiting-for-things-to-happen kind of year...I learned the value of Actual Cash.

5. What was the last thing you said out loud? ”...new snow accumulation of one to two INCHES” (to my son, just before blogsurfing.)

6. How many beverages did you have today? Working on my second glass of brewed iced tea right now.

7. What color is your hairbrush? Light blue.

8. What was the last thing you paid for? Five bottles of Lipton brewed lemon-flavored iced tea.

9. Where were you last night? Home. Playing Worlds of Warcraft.

10. What color is your front door? Red.

11. Where do you keep your change? In my right-hand coat pocket.

12. What’s the weather like today? Slushy, high of 41.

13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? Breyer's Rocky Road.

14. What excites you? Conversations with friends.

15. Do you want to cut your hair? Oh maybe...the ends need trimmed but I like the length okay.

16. Are you over the age of 25? By 16 years.

17. Do you talk a lot? Yes.

18. Do you watch the O.C.? What's "The O.C."?

19. Do you know anyone named Steven? Yes--one of the doctors with whom I work is a Steven. I don't think I currently know any Stephens personally, however.

20. Do you make up your own words? No.

21. Are you a jealous person? No.

22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’. Two of my kids and my very dearest knitting friend all have names starting with "A."

23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Y'know I don't think I have any right now.

24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? The Harry and David Company called again last night--I let the machine get it.

25. What does the last text message you received say? It was the phone company telling me my bill had been paid--I simply Do Not Text.

26. Do you chew on your straw? No.

27. Do you have curly hair? No.

28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? The end of the driveway to wait for the schoolbus.

29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? Ray's answer is so perfect I'm stealing it entirely: "Wouldn’t it be rude of me to point that out? And if I DID point them out, they probably wouldn’t be IN my life any more."

30. What was the last thing you ate? A toasted flour tortilla with peanut butter. Yes you may laugh.

31. Will you get married in the future? I AM married.

32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? I haven't sat through an entire movie in that long I'm sure...but the best one I mostly saw was Stripes on DVD.

33. Is there anyone you like right now? Ohferpitysake.

34. When was the last time you did the dishes? Maybe two weeks ago?

35. Are you currently depressed? No.

36. Did you cry today? No...nor yesterday either though I thought about it a couple of times. (Middle-aged hormonal fluctuations are my punishment for having thought PMS was all in older womens' heads back in my twenties.)

37. Why did you answer and post this? See #38 at top of post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home