Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Textual...not.

Funny...the long text-only post I thought I'd be writing was going to be about the DAR.


But those women pale in comparison to the one about to visit, namely my own mother.


She's due to arrive Friday October 5 and I'm already well on my way to basket case. The words I used at the liquor store to the owner and family who know that MIL lives with us were "MY mother, bless her crazy heart [hand to chest gesture], is coming to visit."

I thought I'd blog about that...then realized it was just too big an elephant to attempt to eat in public.

Also I remembered Nick's wise words: Know thyself but please don't talk about it.

So just never mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home