Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Add My Voice to the Choir

I know I'm not the first to blog this thought nor will I have anything interesting to add, but I simply must vent:

When did we decide it was OKAY for All Souls Day to become the official start of the Christmas Season?!?

Do we really need two full months to prepare for this holiday? The secular kick-off of "Day after Thanksgiving" tends to coincide relatively well with the religious kick-off of "First Sunday of Advent."

I know--all the better to get people to Buy More Stuff. But really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home