Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Happy Glittens

I need another project like I need a full-body tattoo but last Friday night after stopping by a wake I cast on for this:

The yarn is Ray's "Happy" which has to help, right?


As mentioned previously, mittens are a good judge of how much Actual Knitting one is doing since they go pretty quickly. Although you can't see them I started the decreases on the little-finger side last night.

For those of you wondering, the plastic yarn needle is what I've been using as a cable stitch holder. All my plastic knitting pins are either in use or MIA so I've had to make do with a poor second.

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Knudsen said...

Ok nothing to do with knitting, I did a DR WHO post and I'd hate for you to miss it.

October 17, 2007 2:16 AM  
Blogger SamD said...

So I waded all through your myriad blogs (leaving comments like breadcrumbs) before realizing belatedly I could've clicked on that pretty blue "DR WHO" and gone straight to your post first thing this morning.

Color me Luddite. It would be that shade somewhere between dirt and steel.

October 17, 2007 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home