Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Monday, March 05, 2007

March Madness

No, not the crazed basketball stuff (I was raised in Indiana) but the mental condition...I suppose I should say "dysthymia" but that doesn't have nearly the alliterative appeal.

The last week of February and most of March are very hard for me now that we've relocated to The Hinterlands. This is the time of year when the days become noticeably longer and more spring-like but the ground is covered up and it's still definitely "winter." I run around half-depressed as baseline but today is particularly obnoxious because after several days of "unseasonably warm" including a Saturday near forty with enough melting that my driveway was all blacktop again and the liner was out of my coat it is now colder and snowing with a major temperature drop happening over the day--three to five inches and windchills in the minus-teens-to-twenties by the time I'm done with work this afternoon/evening. The local talking newsheads excitedly told us "tomorrow will be the coldest March Sixth since we've been keeping records" which damned near got something thrown at the set this morning.

I don't even want to consider how the New! Improved! Extra-Early! Daylight Savings time-change is going to affect me...having been raised in Indiana I never got the hang of the original version. Maybe it will be wonderful and terrific--after all, "dark for longer in the morning" might actually help put the light in synch with my mood.

Eeyore doubts it.

So that's where I am these days. If you don't hear from me either as much or in my usual verbose fashion it's nothing any of you fine people did or said...just that there isn't much left to spread around.


Post Scriptum:

Best SPAM of the whole weekend = FECUND BRAZILIAN JU-JITSU

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home