Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Followup

Two lousy pictures of the finished Lapghan for MIL out of THIS yarn:




I had to include the split-rail fence; it's only been visible since yesterday. Here's a close-up:




I was also going to take a picture of the ONE spot of green in my entire yard (over the septic tank of course) but my camera was dropped one too many times last week and has become quite cantankerous. Also the lens is loose in the housing which can't be good.

To complete another topic from yesterday, it only took me part of a lunch hour to figure out that Bridget Jones's Diary was indeed too young for me. I can remember a time when I would've thought it was just the living end, right down to the British dialogue--but no more. I've decided to be amused rather than disappointed that I figured out the ending within five minutes.

I've been saving Women and Ghosts for today's lunch hour. Still just adore Alison Lurie.

The suddenly-warmer weather in conjunction with the extended daylight in the evenings has given my spirits a big boost as have some recent events around the office. I shouldn't really type "perhaps the corner has turned" lest the Fates get wind of it but things do feel that way.

Off to a meeting; have a pleasant midweek y'all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Gosh, this is beautiful work

March 18, 2007 4:24 AM  
Blogger SamD said...

Why thank you!

Hope MIL shares your opinion.

The yarn is from Knitivity which I heartily and completely endorse in every way.

March 19, 2007 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home