Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Friday, August 11, 2006

A Trich on Friday

No, that's not a typo...I'm talking about the little critter:




Near the lower left-hand corner of the image there is a single pinkish oval that doesn't have dark grape-y looking things in the center, see? That's a trichomonad. All the other things around it are white blood cells (specifically neutrophils) trying to get rid of it.

My techs and I were excited to see the second case this week so I thought I'd share the joy. And the knowledge: http://www.cdc.gov/std/Trichomonas/STDFact-Trichomoniasis.htm



1 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Love the Trich! I found poultry trichmonads - tons of 'em - once in a cat being fed raw chicken. It helped me convince the owner that the raw diet thing wasn't the greatest idea, as did the fact that the cat's chronic colitis cleared up with a little metronidazole/fenbendazole and a change in diet.

August 20, 2006 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home