Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Bets, anyone?

I finally got my backordered copy of Mason-Dixon knitting last week. ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307236056/sr=8-1/qid=1154608429/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-5721975-5148030?ie=UTF8)

Of course I became a convert, same as everyone else. I had just been on my own dishcloth kick a few months back and that "needlepoint" piano bench cover is still calling to me.

I fell in love with the baby kimono out of dishcloth cotton for exactly the same reasons Ann and Kay did...and since I have a technician pregnant with her second child I had to try it:




You'll notice my version isn't quite newborn-small--I thought that would probably happen since I was using my favorite needles which produce a soft but slightly loose fabric with dishcloth cotton.




Ann and Kay said "two balls." This is what's left of the second ball.



This is where the second ball started.



I don't think there's going to be enough, do you?

Place your bets and watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home