Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Purple Sweater

Decided it wanted to become a raglan-sleeved cardigan.



With pockets. Careful observers will also notice a few more rounds on that mitten-thumb.



I didn't have much time for knitting this weekend though--I was in a parade playing Famous Local Physician on a then-and-now float which came in second only to the Girl Scouts who were Completely Adorable.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purple sweater "decided" to become a raglan? How did that happen?

I'm eying that beautiful fair isle mitten you got going in the background........

September 12, 2007 1:08 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

Not to worry; there will be more of the mitten(s) soon--it's starting to be fall here and I'm thinking I'd best get the pair finished.

If you're going to be all non-animistic about it I suppose that while knitting WITH the purple yarn I decided "raglan" was the way to go but that doesn't sound nearly as fun.

September 13, 2007 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home