Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Friday, September 14, 2007

By Request

Mitten Photos

Palm side:



Showing off the nearly-done thumb:



Extreme close-up:



in situ:



And a shot of my dying perennial garden because it was right there.


Happy Friday all...I had a Really Great Week and hope yours were all swell too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might have to find the pattern link in your archives and pack some of that mitten knitting for my numerous train journeys. They are looking good.

(my word verification is kttog which made me think k2tog, lol)

September 14, 2007 1:24 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

Here I'll save you a step:

http://www.helloyarn.com/squirrelmitten.pdf

I bought some of her yarn and it was an excellent experience (freebie fridge magnet and postcard too) and the yarn is really nice too. As much as I've been plugging her mitten pattern I figured it was the least I could do.

September 14, 2007 2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, you didn't have to honor my request, but thank you. they are awfully cute!!!!

September 15, 2007 7:30 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

But of COURSE I had to honor a fan request...it was the only one I've ever had!

Thanks for the kind words. Started the ribbing on the other mitt last week but it's still Just Ribbing this week too.

September 20, 2007 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home