Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Life Goes On

When I put the camera card in the printer just now I discovered this photo taken by Eldest and liked it quite a bit:



I had been looking for the pictures of my new perennial garden:




The glads are so pretty I think I've forgiven them for needing dug up every fall.

My Asian lilies FINALLY started to bloom...



...so of course I took the obligatory close-up shot.



Also we went to the County Fair.



Loads of fun, that...might even give the story a post of its own.

3 Comments:

Blogger Old Knudsen said...

Very nice I have weeds and dog poo oh and the bodies, so many bodies.

August 04, 2007 4:52 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

Thanks! There's a hummingbird hwo seems to think it's nice these days too.

Of course my favorite iconoclast would have skeletons....

August 04, 2007 5:47 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

**"who" of course.

August 04, 2007 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home