Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Flowers

This is the bouquet one of my staff gives me every year from her perennial garden.
Hasn't she got the greenest thumb?



Good thing too, since this is what my perennial garden looks like today.



These flowers




And all three of these bouquets




And these too



Were to celebrate my long-awaited promotion which finally came through last Wednesday. Also lunch, a huge cake and Crocs--it was a Very Sally Field moment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the promotion. Is this the directorship you mentioned a long time ago? Whatever it is, I hope you find it fulfilling or challenging or whatever it is that you like in a job.

July 21, 2007 12:58 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

Thanks!

Yes, this is the directorship and I'm looking forward to nurturing the department. Still kind of amazed at how MUCH support I have; I must've been doing something right all this time.

July 22, 2007 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home