Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Still Alive

Work still uncertain and nasty.

Friends still very good.

Finished the orange "for ME" mittens and realized they weren't mine after all.
On the up side, my mother's October birthday is now covered.
(Knitting Gods aren't letting me knit for myself currently; that's fine by me.)

Started the mittens for Eldest and they're turning out great.

Jersey house "remediation" unexpectedly larger and more expensive. Tenants (rightfully) furious.

Work still sucky and busy and annoying.

Discovered Barbara Kingsolver and fell completely totally head-over-heels in love with Prodigal Summer. I can't remember when I last liked a book that much.

Made one really good loaf of bread and one okay-to-good loaf over the weekend. Had forgotten how primal and soothing that can be. Oh and King Arthur flour IS better than Gold Medal or Pillsbury.

Cleared off the fancy dining room table and laid out a jigsaw puzzle for the first time in over a year.

Found another giant fennel root at the grocery.

Work still wretched.

Discovered that Wii is every bit as fun as the hype suggested. OH is it ever...and healthy too. Nintendo is going to get rich saving the lives of fat technologically advanced kids and I approve. The "boxing" alone rocks...doesn't feel like excercise at all but I worked up enough of a sweat to feel it a bit at the edges today.

One of my lab techs grows flowers and gave me my annual bouquet...yes I took pix which I'll post eventually.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been posting much either. Either this blog thing was just a phase or I'm just super busy. anyways, I have updated pictures of a stole that I'm making if you're interested to go see.

I love your mittens btw. They are toooooo cute. Where the pattern come from?

July 12, 2007 12:34 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Hey, how did you get a Wii?!

I tried to find one for my girl's thirteenth birthday recently, no luck.

Stores told me that they only order a few at a time and one must call EVERY DAY to see if they have some in stock.

So I bought my girl a (battery powered) motorcycle instead.

July 14, 2007 10:22 AM  
Blogger SamD said...

Kenny--Hi and welcome back it's GOOD to read you again! I tried to leave a comment here about how GREAT that stole of yours looks but it got eaten.

The Mitten Project all started as the "squirrel and acorn" pattern from Helloyarn.com and I've just been changing the backs....so I've purchased some of her yarn and given her a shoutout in the blogposts since it's a -gret- Basic Norwegian Mitten pattern.

Lori-- ordered the thing online directly from the company. Stores DON'T have any; supply can't keep up with demand.

July 15, 2007 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home