Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Baby Surprise Jacket




This is from Elizabeth Zimmerman's pattern and was knit a while ago (before Thanksgiving I think) but is still waiting to have the velcro and flowers sewn on, hence the pins. It's for the eldest daughter of my BFH who is having a baby in March and was done in indestructible baby polyester from the dimestore, Iforgetwhichkind. The pattern is great; it doesn't look like much at all but if you have faith you get an origami-like thing that pops into the cutest little jacket when done!

1 Comments:

Blogger SamD said...

It IS fun to do and although I'm certainly available I doubt you'll need my help at all. Get the pattern from Schoolhouse Press--you don't need much in the way of technique (decreases, that's it) but you DO need FAITH...it really doesn't look like much of anydamnedthing for the WHOLE knitting process.

I plan on making another one out of thicker yarn for when the baby's older too.

January 12, 2007 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home