Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Grammar Rant

Nancy Pelosi is the first female Speaker of the House. She is NOT the first "woman" Speaker of the House, dammit!

I change the channel every time I hear that one--been busy with the remote lately.

When did the newscasters lose the ability to speak the language correctly? When? My kids will tell you I'm forever correcting talking-head "different than" and "try and" constructions, not that it does any good.

I miss Walter Cronkite.

2 Comments:

Blogger SamD said...

Yeah, now if we could just convince the newscasters....

January 03, 2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger Dharma said...

The newscasters, the newspaper editors. Lots of folks. I barely know my grammar and correct speech crap, despite my PhD in English mother AND stepmother, but still I recoil in horror over such things regular.

January 05, 2007 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home