Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

In Other News

I read Tommy Chong's memoir* over the weekend and found it...interesting. It's a quick read; go see for yourselves what it's like. I'm very eager to start Jimmy Carter's new book but haven't had a calm stretch of time in the past three days.

Finally snagged the recipe for the really good cornbread-sausage stuffing the mother of my BFH makes and have called it dinner two separate nights. Yes just the dressing. Hey, it's got meat and vegetables in it, right?!?

Also made Paula Deen's trifle the same night (hormonally-induced cooking fit; some of you understand) and it's good too. Makes a big bowlful of something that tastes like pumpkin pie but is texturally more interesting. Lots more work that slapping a Mrs. Smith in the oven though, so it may not happen again at our house any time soon especially since there are family members who prefer the cooked Jello vanilla pudding plain and wanted to know why I was ruining it with pumpkin pie filling and brown sugar.

Tried a new craft project over the past couple days...utter failure. Extra frustrating since it was difficult to collect the needed ingredients in the first place.

In the wee small hours of Friday-night-into-Saturday our Youngest Duckling provided a new winner in the all-time most noxious vomit contest: Pizza Hut stuffed crust pepperoni pizza with both plain and peanut butter Hershey's chocolate kisses. Twice. Once all over the bedroom and once on the freshly-changed sheets. She's better now.

My crock pot died last week. Yes the loss is deeply felt; no I haven't gotten a replacement yet.

A note of brightness: my first-grade teacher and I still, thirty-four years later, exchange Christmas cards and hers came last week.


* A special thanks to Dharma of my newsgroup for explaining how to do the hypertext links!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dharma said...

Aw, you're welcome honey. A lot easier huh? More fun I think too because it's so easy one can put in interesting links.

December 20, 2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

I had been clicking on that thing _without_ highlighting any text first and wondering why all I got was the link pasted into my page...

December 21, 2006 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home