Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Down

Not the feather or the direction but the feeling. That's what I am these days. I can tell I'm depressed because I haven't knit in over a week.

It's not just the season although consumerism is bothering me more than usual this year. Work has gotten harder and more frustrating, the MIL conflict has risen to a new level (she'll be moving into her place in NYC after her two-month stay in Brazil), at least half my holiday stuff was wiped out by last summer's flood, two mortgages are taking their toll and on top of all that I'm expected to pull Christmas out of my holly jolly ass?!?

Fuck all that.

Except we all know that's not really an option.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it helps to vent, and hearing helpful suggestions from well-meaning friends is definitely not helpful; however :-) ...

I have an annual bad time around the holidays... I'm not a Christian, hate consumerism, busy time of year, etc., etc.

This year I tried scaling down and talking to my family about it. We didn't put up the village. We didn't move any furniture. We put the tree in a corner instead of making it the center of a rearranged room. I has helped. So far only one xmas-related tiff.

December 06, 2006 9:33 AM  
Blogger SamD said...

Trust me, we've already scaled down as much as possible...I've never been All About any of the holiday shenanigans. I'm just not into even Minimalist Christmas this year.

It'll probably happen at some point but my spirit sure ain't on-board yet!

Thanks for the kind thoughts though; those are always welcome.

December 06, 2006 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home