Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wind of Change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPuYBqiZjto


That's the song running through my head since the election. Can't wait to see what happens next.

In other news, we had an unseasonably warm Saturday morning so I finally got all my fall planting done. Gift "Shirley" tulip bulbs and lilly of the valley (I had to google the Latin name to remember what it was I had ordered; that's how long it's been) in one bed; 40 mixed "Rembrandt" tulip bulbs in the other. Covered it all with that recycled-rubber mulch which we all agree looks really good...and I'm hoping the smell of rubber (and the bag of topsoil) will help keep the critters from eating my efforts.

Eldest Duckling had a friend sleep over last night--between the gardening and the sleep-deprivation I'm only about a Glasgow 7 today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home