Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Forty

...Is what I turned on Sunday. Note appropriate change to profile blurb.

Friday night I stayed up FAR too late reading the tangible part of my mother's gift, namely the new Stephen King novel Lisey's Story which I finished on Saturday while learning that sleep deprivation and killer PMS are not a good combination. A book review will be forthcoming (as soon as BFH* finishes it; don't want to color anyone's judgement.)

The swag was better than usual. Highlights: a malachite pendant and complete Sesame Street: the EARLY Years (yay!!!)from HBF along with the collector's set of The Mummy movies because Evie the Librarian reminds him of me... scissors from Eldest Duckling since she's always swiping mine...incredibly fun crafty goodness from HBS**...a touchingly thoughtful knitting book, etc from BFM***...a huge box of perfect-for-me goodies from BFH with an extra bonus of pass-along books...a gift certificate from BFJ****...not one, not two but three drawings from Youngest Duckling and a pair of pink pajamas from the MIL.

Chinese carry-out for dinner provided leftovers for lunch both yesterday AND today.

It doesn't feel different from thirty-nine but the life insurance premiums went up.

Not much knitting got done but I'm in the process of binding off the Holiday Vest which means steeking can't be far behind. Also my yarn for Wintergarden might come today.


*Best Friend from High School

**Honorary Big Sister

***Best Friend from Medical School

****Best Friend from Junior High School

1 Comments:

Blogger SamD said...

Thanks for the well-wishes! (Yes, Saturday was pretty wretched.)

November 01, 2006 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home