Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Interlude

Had to ride shotgun with MIL this morning to show her where to find BIL's "Rec Program" (swimming) and the nearest Wal-Hell. We needed to fill time before fetching BIL so we took a turn through the local mall and ended up in J.C.Penney's to see if they had black jersey capri pants for MIL's next trip to Brazil.

Normally I hate clothes shopping and will do almost anything to avoid it. However this time it wasn't too wretched and while I was waiting for MIL I discovered that I was standing with my arm literally brushing up against...a print jersey skirt that I actually liked. MIL noticed and commented that it was a beautiful skirt AND half-price which was her Dave Barry Japanese for "BUY it you twit!"

So I grabbed it and the coordinating top in my size. MIL asked if I wanted to try it on to which I replied, "I guess I'd better before I spend money." Off to the dressing rooms we went and sunnuvabitch it looked good. Maybe even very good. She thought so too.

I was so startled and happy I got myself a rather girly T-shirt also marked down. MIL picked up the entire tab to take advantage of a $15.00-off sale and a good time was had by all.

Came home, told HBF I'd bought a new dress and the first words out of his mouth were "Good for you! My Mom talked you into it, didn't she? You'd never do something like that for yourself on your own." Of course he was right.


I never realized this move would mean I got someone for GIRLstuff...Bonus!

(Oh and the whole Rest of the Family thought the dress was great too; I'm wearing it Monday.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home