Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Mosaic Knitting 2

So this is the "Magic Square" I'm trying... [the one in the lower right hand corner--I'd slap on an arrow if I knew how...]



...But it doesn't really look like much yet:


My thought is to make four coordinating squares from Speed-Cro-Sheen and sew them together for the front of a pullover. Then depending on how THAT part goes either do more squares or an allover design for the back and then think up some way to tackle the sleeves.

I tried violet with ecru yesterday and it was godawful loud and looked like a high-school sports team (our Rival Team, actually--Not Good) so I thought I'd try this combination. The idea was to have a violet pinwheel/fractal flower on a green background but now I'm not sure there will be enough contrast...or that I'm fond of the new combination either. I can't see the design yet at ALL but hope that will change over my lunch hour today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home