Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

First Mosaic Knitting



I really like this technique. So well that I'm taking my knitting to the office today!

I think the garter-stitch version produces a superior fabric since the stitch definition is better and it doesn't curl so much.

I have visions of an eventual jacket...but since I know of an impending baby I may start with a blanket for practice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan29 said...

Hey! That looks super cool! I'm going to have to get Kenny, my knitting Yoda, to teach me how to do that!

Thanks for the comment on my blog, BTW. you're a peach! :)

June 22, 2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

Oh yes, that is indeed the book:

http://www.needleartsbookshop.com/knitting_books/Mosaic_Knitting.html

and it's VERY good--got great how-to and enough patterns to keep one occupied into the next decade. I've already got Post-its all over the pages dividing up the different sections just as I did with my favorite textbooks!

June 23, 2006 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home