Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Random Friday Thoughts

1) I heard a radio advertisement last night for a funeral home. WHY?!

2) Speaking of marketing, why are pomegranates the New Thing alluvasudden? A year ago nobody but Persephone knew about them and now I can't get through a grocery aisle without knocking over a display of those glass bottles of juice.

3) I'll be painting instead of knitting this weekend. I'm trying not to mind.

4) Speaking of painting, why is it that no matter how carefully I place the blue tape I STILL manage to get paint on the baseboard somewhere?

5) Ann Coulter is horrible but also anorexic so I'm hoping she won't be with us much longer. No I'm not providing a link; google if you don't know what flavor of crazy she is.

6) "Google" as a verb has penetrated my lexicon faster than any other "new" word.

7) Unfortunately "different THAN" has penetrated the lexicons of all the televised talking heads.

8) I think we all are far too concerned about our possessions and our "stuff" yet I could easily sit right here in front of the keyboard and spend a thousand dollars on my own wish list of goodies.

9) On the other hand I could easily while away a couple of days just blogsurfing. "Blog" probably means "Gutenberg" in some alien language.

10) I've knit IN cars but here's someone who knit A car:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1879263.html?menu=news.quirkies

Isn't that wild?

1 Comments:

Blogger Dharma said...

Really like your list. Especially pomegranates - great ancient reference!

June 19, 2006 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home