Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Book Blurb:

Remember how much I disliked Lisey's Story?

Yeah well, his new one more than makes up for it. Stayed up till past one two nights running to finish the thing and it was a helluva ride.

If some books are a tasty bag of potato chips then Duma is a loaf of chewy-dense freshly baked bread...or maybe a tin of really rich brownies. It's the good stuff, my friends. On lots of levels: it's all there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okey dokey, I'm only 13th in line for Duma Key, but we have 11 copies so I should get it pretty quickly. I avoided the book table at Costco....

And, that cabled sweater in the next blog entry is going to be smashing.

Love to you.

February 03, 2008 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home