Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Monday, December 18, 2006

You Can Tell It's a Pre-Holiday Monday...

...The Fates are getting their digs in early.

My Monday Unpleasantness: ran over the curb going into the work parking lot and shredded my driver's front tire, dammitalltohell. Fortunatly by 9am local time I had already 1) paid local tow service to put on donut and 2) driven the damned van to the dealership so they can replace the two front tires...yes, I let "Larry" talk me into doing both front ones which might've been dumb, I dunno. Anyhow the van is there and I'm back here and all will be well except for the price tag.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam - rats about the tire. I went out this morning and my 2006 Altima won't start.

Called AAA and the tow truck driver jumped it. It's at the dealer now - new battery needed - Arizona heat eats car batteries.

Luckily for me - the old battery has a pro rated warranty and it only going to cost me a lost days work and $40.

December 18, 2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger SamD said...

Rats about the battery too!

Thanks for the kind thoughts; hope that the day around the house was productive!

December 20, 2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger Dharma said...

Glad it was easily solved/fixed. Even better is that you are fine.

December 20, 2006 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home