Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wednesday Quickie

Work is still hell.

Home, however, is good: Eldest Duckling and I got our DVDs of the first two seasons of That Show and stayed up far too late last night meeting the very first round of designers.

Watched The Hunt for Red October over the weekend and although none of it is a bit relevant anymore it's still a most excellent movie. As I told the kids, it's a guy action movie but it's all about people so girls like it too. My own very favorite bit is when Alec Baldwin pantomimes for and gets a Russian cigarette...THAT is why smoking can be a Good Thing.

Casablanca on the other hand isn't as good as I remembered. Oh sure, it's got some swell moments and it's cinematographically excellent but she's a rotten female role model and he drinks too much. So sayeth the Wise Alondo, anyhow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home