Blogsam and Jetsam

Flotsam is the part of the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on the water. Jetsam is cargo or parts of a ship that are deliberately thrown overboard, as to lighten the ship in an emergency, and that subsequently either sinks or is washed ashore. This is my personal blog version of the above. Loot freely.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hinterlands, Upstate NY

I'm annoyed that the world is going crazier faster than it used to be. But it's interesting to watch.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Quick Notes

The dinner party was a smash success. The guests were a good mix, the kitchen was this FABULOUS newly-remodeled thing out of a home-improvement magazine and the other chef and I were delighted to learn that we worked well together as a team. Everyone was completely impressed.

Kohala bear, on the other hand, had a setback. Got the pieces assembled and stuffed then started in on the snout, sewing very carefully and firmly to counteract the tension of the polyester filling. Was almost all the way stitched shut, feeling all pleased.

Till I realized I'd made a COW and not a BEAR.

That's what I get for not looking more closely at the diagram first. I had gathered the snout into a central point on the face rather than stretching the edges out so I ended up with a poufy cow-snout and not a blunt bear-snout.

I was so disgusted I haven't even finished ripping it back out yet. But I will...and there will someday be pictures.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

August 09, 2006 2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home